Monday, March 28, 2011

Dedicated to Samath Sok.

As many of you know Samath Sok is related to me by marriage and he's probably my most favorite family member and greatest friend back home.

I had the privilege of meeting his family who is well known here in Cambodia. One guy stood out to me and it was his uncle, He actually looks so much like Samath in the face that it's insane. When we first met him we were just giving him items that Samath's sister wanted us to pass along. He then invited our family over get to know the family near the end of our trip.

My dad is a pretty private person, but accepted his invitation. He was absolutely impressed andy loved his Uncle who is named Saek. The reason why I admire Saek so much is because when I hang out with him and his family, I felt like I was hanging out with an older version of Samath and his future family. They are so fun and energetic and I can definitely see where Samath gets it from. It made me also miss him back home! They had photos of Samath and his sister all over the walls.

He wanted to mostly know how Samath was doing and we even videotaped a few words for him to relay back to him. He loved that Samath was a fire figther and is so proud of him. He had our family tell him all about Samath the whole night during dinner. He wanted to know everything about the family, but Samath particularly stood out to him. He even came back to the hotel so I can show him pictures of Samath and his facebook photos.

Now, what really impressed me is... Saek is a police law enforcement. He has lots of metals and honors. He is also is the personal body guard and head of security for the King of Cambodia.

I dedicate this post to Samath because it totally runs in his family and people like him and his uncle make this world a better place. Samath, I told your uncle we'd bring you with us next time and he wants to spend lots of time with you and show you around Cambodia. I can't wait. He also sent me some really cool stuff to give to you, from him. I can't wait to tell you all about it.

I LOVE YOU!

-Linda


1 comment: