Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sihanouk Village and Attack of the kids.

So sad. I'm missing Planet Comic-con in Kansas City. I'm hoping you all went with me in spirit! BUHH!!!


but' that's okay I spent the weekend (last one sadly here in Asia) at the beach! As said above.


We woke up today going to the crab market right off the shore line closer to the islands. We ordered a so much food. Here's another list:


-Sting ray

-Little squids

-Chicken

-Swordfish

-Bass

-Tuna

-Some other fancy named fish

-That fruit that smells and taste like a toilet. (Not that I've ever tasted a toilet, I'm just guessing)


Anywho, the food was delicious, I was able to try some new things like sting ray, which is quite tasty. It reminded me of a tougher fish, but less fishy tasting, make sense? No? Oh well. We ate in a small hut that had a big opening to see the ocean and the docks of all the crab fishing boats in view. I got some excellent pictures.


After we hit up the crab market we went back to the mountain side I think it was called "Kamput" It's a mountain side with adorable baby goats and a lot of cave dwellings. (The ocean use to be there). As soon as we step out of the car we got mobbed by a bunch of kids with flash lights that try to convince us to take their flashlights. When we decline, we start walking into the caves and they follow talking a lot, trying to give us a tour. Sadly, it was really hard to enjoy and I know they were just trying to make a buck but my poor little cousin was crying because the kids were so over whelming. Sunny felt like throwing kids and my mom and dad were worn out after just a few minutes. After exploring we walked back through the caves to the van and the kids were still following chattering away in Khmer and english. My dad threw a couple bucks and we all ran into the van and drove off.


Eesh.


A tleast the Ocean was awesome haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment