Sunday, March 13, 2011

Don't Go Falling Down Waterfalls. (Literally)

Location: Phnom Kiev Waterfall (Blue Mountain)


No. I did not try to rip off TLC and no. I'm not trying to sound poetic either. I really did fall down a waterfall today and it wasn't pleasant but the waterfall was beautiful! (I'll explain later with a photo!)

After my grandma's celebration we all hopped on several motorcycles and headed 15 minutes out to the blue mountain behind the village. We stopped to grab some snacks and water, (apparently snacks on the waterfall are pricy). We drove through some farmland to the mountain side then proceeded on a windy road wrapping around the mountain. The farmlands slowly turned into a tropical rain forest. It's nothing like the zoos either, you know it's some real shit when you think you hear people chopping down wood, when in actuality it's a slew of bugs making all that noise.

After walking up steep hills so the cyclist would have some weight off the motors. We finally made it to the tip top and I could hear the sound of the water trickling down the rocks. It was the real thing, none of that cd of the nature bullshit. I can be this cheesy because this is my first time seeing an actual waterfall in nature. I'd rather it be in Asia on top of a green (or blue, not really) mountain in a rainforest. Take that Niagara Falls!


We walked down some stairs made of the tree roots and past small little huts made for people to hang out in, down into the streams where there were various sizes of waterfalls. Large ones that you would definitely die if you went down in and tiny ones that were almost like little mini-slides. My little cousin had the time of her life going down those.


When I tried to join in on the fun and wanted one really good photo of me standing in the middle of one of the water falls. The clumsy in me came bursting out, I slipped on the black mossy rock and planted a good lump on my head. Where it met the rock something fierce (not concrete, not wood, but hard ass rock). My mom freaks out thinking I have a concussion. While all this is happening Sunny is cracking up and snapping photos of my down fall. (as seen below)



My sweet cousin Lin is called over to help me find dry rock to stand on but while she is pulling me to safety, I slip into a small whirl pool and soak the rest of my already-soaked clothes. And yet again Sunny is laughing his ass off a long with everyone else. Har har. But that's okay. The rest of our family got down and dirty (and wet) soaking themselves in the pure water ( I think they were doing it so i wouldn't feel bad about getting all wet). We definitely made the rest of our time enjoyable waiting by the small pools of water.


AND I danced in the middle of a billion butterflies. True story.




(here is another excellent photo of some of the mini-waterfalls)


Have a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment