Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Dad's shennanigans and the She-male nieghbor

"She is wieeeeerd... but she's cool..."
"and has an awesome personality"
-Sunny (his justification and masking on how unfamiliar and uncomfortable he is around gay/gender-specific people.)

My mom, the blunt person that she is, pointed out a beautiful lady next door (to my grandmas) and her deeper then usual voice, (I honest to god didn't even notice,) speaking to me in english "is that a man?". I shrugged my shoulders, the lady then fires back in Khmer "I'm a boy if your wondering!" and giggles. Then she proceeds to talk about her sex change, her partner (who looks like an older Yo Yo mama with a bad ass scar on his stomach from a previous stabbing) and the cute little boy she was lugging around on her shoulders, she adopted after being abandoned. I took a liking to her. She was hilarious and was cracking jokes on everyone and was a fun person.

Now that I got that explanation out of the way. My dad (might I add a very sober and conservative person.) Decides to go out drinking for the day (as said in previous post). Drinks too much... finds out he's allergic to alcohol and has a swollen leg out of nowhere. He's a man, so he deals with it. After he passes out at the hotel for a few hours we head back to my grandma's house. The first thing he notices is the woman neighbor that I mentioned earlier and what does he blurt out... "Is that women gay?" I politely tell him that she was once a man, and is now living as a women.

Well.. the lady notices our exchanges (I'm sorry I never got her name) and starts teasing and flirting with my dad.

My dad starts flirting back. (My mom's not the jealous type, don't worry.)

They are both giggling and now everyone is asking my dad to start acting like a flamboyant man. Does he get offended... no. He actually does his theatrical nonsense... then ask if he'd make a good women.

yeah my family is really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment